Romance and Sex in Mass Effect Andromeda is covered on this page.
Romance and Sex Information
Different Characters want different things from their romances, whether it's physical or emotional. Some romances can happen early in the game, while others may take awhile to evolve. Some may want to get to sex right away while others want a longer term relationship, and others may be disinterested in romance altogether.
There will no longer be a hard line where you have to complete a romance at a certain point or it's lost forever. The romances aren't just about getting a character into bed and will have more varied moments of connection and tender moments.
Not all characters are romanceable but BioWare is paying attention to the development of those that can't be romanced, to make sure their stories are just as interesting. There will also be casual moments with minor characters, even potentially a casual one off date. There will be opportunities to romance multiple people, but this depends on the feelings of your partners and whether they are open to it. Counting squad, crew and light romances there are more romance options in Andromeda than ever before.
Diverse sexual orientation remains in the game, but rather than be present for the sake of inclusivity, these orientations are written in the narrative to make sense for the characters and their personalities. They are trying to move away from a quota when designing the options available to players.
- You need to flirt at least three times with a character to begin romancing them.
- Some characters require you to finish "Loyalty Mission" to build relationship.
- Talk to a character you wish to romance frequently.
- Do everything that this character asks including "Loyalty Missions".
- Read all the emails that your crush sends to you.
- Use "Flirt" converstaion option every time it's available when talking to your beloved.
- Try not to flirt with too many characters.
Characters That Can Be Romanced
The following are a list of characters that can be romanced:
Scott (Male) Ryder romance options
Sara (female) Ryder romance options
Bisexual romance options